117 Cool Point Rd Ext
Bath NC 27808
Home has a 2009 certificate of occupancy, and sits on an extremely high lot, over 16+ft elevation which is not in the flood zone (rare in this area), with water on 3 sides and over 300+ ft on Glebe creek. The property is over one acre with 4+ ft of water, no bridges, good deep water for a Sailboat with ICW access. It is very protected from storms, and has a water view from every room in the house. Views of boating are on Bath Creek, and natural wildlife views on Glebe Creek. There was over $125,000 spent on lot improvements clearing the lot, excavating, sand and crush gravel fill, septic system, well, landscaping, new bulk heading, dock, water, electric, lights and 10,000 lb aluminum Boat Lift that is remote controlled.
Home has 4056 sq ft with an over sized attached Garage of 706 Sq ft. Home is 2×6 Construction 16” on center (not 24”), 5/8 plywood sheathing was used on side walls and roof (not the standard 7-16) with ¾ plywood sub-floors which were all glued and screwed. The tile floors have cement board that was mudded and screwed under the tile and the balance of the floors are Brazilian Cherry. The roof has Owens Corning lifetime shingles. The home and detached garage have aluminum gutters with down spouts that are piped to drain down the driveway. The home has Hardy Board cement board siding with no-rot trim boards and the front is accented with brick. The windows are Low E thermal pane high efficiency windows.
This home has a sealed envelope (which means no crawl space vents to open or close and there are no attic vents like most all homes in this area). This home has sprayed Icynene insulation from the crawl space thru the peak of the attic. The Sprayed Icynene system means that the attic and crawl space are the same temperature as the living space and that all side walls are completely filled eliminating the worries of any problems with pests. Also this prevents any problems of mold, pests, rot, etc in the crawl space. The Icynene insulation system (sprayed foam) is part of being “green”, making the house envelope everything from the crawl space to the roof rafters tight from the outside elements.
The first floor has 10’ ceilings (flat, trayed and double trayed with tons of crown molding), and fluted trim with rosettes. The sheet-rock has all rounded corners (not standard square). All kitchen cabinets, bath vanities, laundry room and living room are upgraded solid wood cabinets with granite tops. Cultured marble in all bath rooms, 17 decorator ceiling fans all wired with separate fan and light switches (not pull chain). All bedroom outlets are switched (meaning that any outlet in the room can have a lamp plugged in to it and be turned on with the entrance wall switch far from standard). There are 3 sets of exterior Lights; traditional style, security flood lights, and recessed lights. All are dimmable.
All interior doors are Solid Core, ordered special (not the standard hollow core used in new construction). Gas fireplace in living room, large tiled walk-in shower in master bath, all 5 toilets are upgraded comfort height, all tub shower faucets are Delta designer series (after you set the desired temperature the first time, it always returns to that temperature when turned on).
Driveway is concrete, extremely large with easy entrance to all garage doors with plenty of parking space.
Additional detached garage, first floor is 1350 sq ft and second floor is 560 sq ft with bright florescent Lighting. It has 14’ ceilings on first floor and 8’ on second floor (accommodates a 38’ RV or Boat) has 3 garage doors #1 – 12wx13h #2 – 10wx8h #3 – 8wx7h All are insulated with heavy wind load code.
1. 200 amp Service (heavy wiring with Florescent lighting) also has remote sensor security lighting. Plenty of of 20 amp outlets thru-out garage
2. Motor-home hookup outside of garage (50 amp power, water and Sewer ) There are 3 outside water spigots and 3 inside on county water.
3. ¾ – Bath 36” shower, upgraded solid wood vanity, comfort high Toilet and tile floor
4. Laundry set-up with washer and dryer
5. Large Laundry sink (all types of clean-up)
6. Electric Tank-less on demand water heater 100% efficient
7. Garage first floor is insulated and sheet rocked with nice long work bench down the north side
House is 4056 sq ft
First floor is 2365 sq ft — Second Floor is 1692 sq ft
Front porch is 185 Sq ft —— Back Deck is 710 Sq ft
First Floor measurements
1. Front entry 15 x 7
2. Living room 19 x 20
3. Sun room 21 x 14
4. Kitchen 17 x 14
5. Den-Office 12 x 13
6. Breakfast nook 9 x 14
7. Dining room 14 x 13
8. Master bedroom 18 x 14
9. Master bath 13 x 13
10. Master walk-in closet 8 x 10
11. Laundry room 7 x 10
12. Full Bath #2 — 10 x 5 ½
Second Floor measurements
1. Bed room #2 — 17 x 12 ½
2. Bedroom #2 walk-in closet — 8 x 5 ½
3. Bedroom #3 – 12 x 19
4. Bedroom #3 walk-in closet – 6 x 10
5. Full Bath #3 – 7 ½ x 10
6. Bedroom #4 – 20 x 15
7. Bedroom #4 walk-in closet – 6 x 6
8. Bedroom #4 dormer extension – 10 x 10 ½
9. ¾ Bath #4 – 8 x 6 ½
10. Sewing, Art & crafts or Recreation Room – 29 x 16
11. ½ Bath #5 – 5 x 5 ½
The attic space is great conditioned storage, it maintains the same temperature as the second floor rooms with a minimum of 280 sq ft – 20 x 14 and more flooring could be put down giving a lot more storage.
Electrical Service 200 amp service for house — 200 amp service for detached Garage
Heating and Cooling
Home is considered a Green (Highly Efficient) home, the crawl space and attic maintain the same temperature as the living space (no chance of any mold or rotten floor joist, no moisture)
1. First Floor has a 2 Ton package unit Geo-thermal Heat pump with a Broan HEPA Fresh Air Ventilation Energy Recovery System.
2. Sun room has a mini-split Heat pump
3. Second floor has 1 ½ ton split system Geo-thermal Heat Pump
4. All heating-cooling supply and return outlets are coming from ceiling the proper design for an area that has over 75% cooling load (more efficient for the Green effect)
1. County water for house with filter, water softener
2. Drilled well producing over 50 gpm with 1 1/2 hp submersible pump for Geo-thermal heat pumps and for irrigation system (complete irrigation lawn and shrubs}
3. 4-Outside water frost-free faucets on each corner of house off from well water.
4. There are 3 electric tank-less on demand water heaters that are 100% efficient (part of being Green) in house, and 1 in the detached garage.
Nutone powerful Built-in Vacuum cleaner system with plenty of outlets in house and garage. There are 3 vacuum hose kits; 1 for first floor, 1 for second floor and 1 for garage and automobiles.
Appliances included: Kitchen Jenn-air downdraft Stove, Bosh Dishwasher, GE Microwave, GE profile Refrigerator, Insinkerator Instant hot water and garbage disposal— Landry room: Whirlpool duet ht washer and dryer front loaders with pedestals——attached Garage Water Filter, water softener, upright freezer and beverage refrigerator—-Detached garage- washer and dryer
Living room: Samsung Plasma TV, Blue-ray DVD and sound bar.
Replacement Facts are:
1. This unique lot is a protected deep water Sailboat (no bridges) direct to the ICW, with over 1 acre, that is extremely high 16+ft elevation (no flood insurance), close to conveniences, and water on three sides with over 350’ on water. New stained dock, seawall, and 10,000lb remote boat-lift. If you could even find a matching equivalent lot (nothing on the MLS in Bath area) you would have to spend $350,000 minimum. (Straight from local agents)
2. To build a home to the exact quality and specifications of this home would cost over a minimum $165.00 per sq ft Home is 4056 sq ft and attached garage is 706 sq ft.
3. To build a 1900 plus sq ft detached garage to the exact quality and specifications, with the same amenities would cost a minimum of $65.00 per sq ft.
Sq Ft costs are based on local General Contractor quotes.
The replacement cost based on General Contractors Quotes and the Sailboat waterfront lot from above would be — $1,142,740
Priced $250,000 Below the cost to build the home.
For Sale — $890,000.00
A very special Home.
Take the time to look at this Home!!
2016 Property Taxes $3319.00
For an Appointment, Please call 252-945-3030 or you can Email me at email@example.com
Gail Kenefick, REALTOR® GRI, SRES
Coldwell Banker Coastal Rivers Realty
239 West Main Street
Washington, NC 27889
Checkout these sites Below: